Home closed up for winter and rooms smelling stale? Try these 10 plants to clean your home’s air and brighten your mood.
- English Ivy (Hedera Helix) – Excellent for removing harmful chemicals found in the home. It can grow in full shade to full sun.
- Bamboo Palm (Chamaedorea Seifrizii) – Prefers part sun or shade. Good for removing harmful elements such as benzene and formaldehyde.
- Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema Modestum) – Thrives n low to medium light. Can be toxic to pets.
- Gerbera Daisy (Gerbera Jamesonii) – Prefers warm temperatures. Removes harmful elements and has beautiful flowers.
- Dragon Tree (Dracaena Marginata) – Great office plant. Can tolerate low light.
- Mother-in-Law’s Tongue (Sansevieria Trifasciata ‘Laurentii’) – Great for beginners. Prefers little to no water at all.
- Pot Mum (Chrysanthemum Morifolium) – Colorful addition to the home.
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum ‘Mauna Loa’) – Fights toxic gases such as carbon monoxide and formaldehyde. Can be mildly toxic to pets and humans, wash your hands after touching.
- Spider Plant (Chlorophytum Comosum ‘Vittatum’) – Thrives in bright, indirect light.
- Mass Cane/Corn Plant (Dracaena Fragrans ‘Massangeana’) – One of the most popular varieties of Dracaenas for its lovely foliage that ranges from green to yellow.