What is Indiana freefile?
INfreefile was developed in 2003 by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and tax preparation software vendors. INfreefile allows customers with lower adjusted gross incomes (AGI) to file their federal and state taxes for free using simple question and answer type software.
Over 2 million Hoosier taxpayers will qualify for Indiana freefile! Are you one?
- Faster refunds: A paper-filed return can take up to 12 weeks versus up to 4 weeks for an electronically filed return.
- Confirmation: You’ll receive confirmation that your return was received and accepted.
- 24/7 access: You can access INfreefile at any time, day or night.
- Easy to use: All INfreefile options are user-friendly and include step-by-step instructions.
- Fewer errors: Electronically filed returns have a 2 percent error rate, compared to a 20 percent error rate for paper-filed returns.
- More efficient: You can prepare and file your federal and state tax returns at the same time.
- Convenient: INfreefile provides the added convenience of direct deposit for refunds and direct debit for payment of taxes owed.
See if you qualify to file income tax returns for free.
- Review the offers from the vendors listed below.
- If you think you qualify for one or more of them based on your 2018 income, select a vendor of your choice by clicking on its logo.
- Once you select your vendor, you will be redirected to the vendor’s website to begin your return.
- It’s that simple!
- To ensure you can file both your federal and state return for free, access these free file products from this page.
- Please note that you will need to create a new account each year with the vendor to ensure a no-cost filing.
- Read our Indiana freefile FAQ here.
For more information visit here: INFREEFILE